Friday 26 October 2012

Day 58: Last day in Tokyo

I spent most of the day packing and cleaning, it needed to be done so it wasn't like I wasted the day. I had to prepare mind and body for my Sayonara Party. It was going to be a tough evening saying goodbye to all my friends :(. I had decided to go for the "GO OUT ALL NIGHT, GET THE FIRST TRAIN HOME AND THEN GO STRAIGHT TO THE AIRPORT" option because my flight to Seoul was at 9.15am... Only god could tell me if I would achieve this. It seemed doubtful though. When I had gotten myself ready I headed to Shinjuku to meet everyone. Nat grabbed my ass at the crossing so her and Alex was first to arrive and then everyone arrived at once at Studio Alta. Some people were running late so we just headed to the restaurant to meet the others. It was only round the corner which was useful and we said our hellos. Lots of people didn't know each other so we went round the table and said our names and where we were from. Turns out we had like 9 nationalities there - i'mma so multicultural gurrrlll.

The meal was delicious (apart from the natto kebab) and the food literally kept coming. Just when I thought it was finished more and more food came, THEN MORE came. I was so full and then the ice cream came out so my 2nd stomach inflated. The latecomers kept arriving and I was so happy everyone managed to make it. After dinner we all headed to a nearby arcade and got lots of purikura taken before saying our goodbyes. I first said goodbye to Yuka and could not stop crying, then when she left I said goodbye to Kouji, and still could not stop crying. For about 20 minutes I cried and then I regained my composure and the rest of us headed to Nichome for some drinks in Dragon. Nat was so good at cheering me up. I so did not want to leave and I was pretty drunk (anyone who knows me, knows how often I cry when drunk). We got to Dragon and got lots of nice drinks and I made even more friends before leaving.

I somehow ended up playing pass the chewing gum with like 8 random people in the street so I most likely have hepatitis now... It went on the floor (cos some people were shit at it) and the girl I just met kept picking it up! What a minger! But to be fair, I was too drunk to even care. Tak arrived and I was glad I got to say goodbye to him too (was just lucky he was visiting Tokyo with his family). I dont know how 5 hours passed in that bar but it did and it became time to say goodbye. Saying goodbye to Shuho at Shinjuku station was pretty emotional and we both cried. God, so glad I wore waterproof mascara. I got on my train, depressed and 30 minutes later I was at my apartment, still drunk desperately trying to get my shit together and head to the station. My god were my bags heavy. I got to the airport, checked in no problem and had my last Japanese breakfast! :( It was even too early for the Hello Kitty store to be open. So shit :(

I got on my plane and said goodbye to Japan once more. I had the best time of my life and made so many amazing friends. I can't wait to see them all again and I hope they will come visit me! :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul. I had such a great time reading through your blog. I am a 4th year medicial student at a London university. I'm planning on doing my elective in Japan and was thinking what place would be the best place to do. Would it be possible to talk about it with you at all via e-mail or something? Would be much appreciated.




    ReplyDelete