Tuesday 25 September 2012

Day 28: Sumo sumo sake

I slept for a long time in order for the constant hangover that my life had become to slowly disappear. Will and I were planning to goto the Sumo Stadium today and I was really excited. We talked about how when we are young one of the first memories in your head of Japan was sumo wrestling. And after all these years we were finally getting to see it. There are actually very few sumo tournaments in the calendar so it's pretty difficult to get to see.

We arrived at the stadium and went to buy tickets. The cheapest (the back row) were about £35 lol. The front row cost like £150. Such a rinse but definitely worth it. We couldn't have been much further from the action but it was still so cool. The traditional ceremonies before each fight; old women screaming for their favorite sumo wrestler; people in the front row getting crushed by wrestlers who get thrown out the ring. It was a surprise no one died, luckily Will and I stayed out of harms way.

On our way home we realised how many other foreigners were there. It is kinda rare to see other white people in Japan in most areas.

When I got home I said hi to my neighbour/colleague Reiko, as we had planned to goto dinner together that night. We decided to goto Roppongi Hills and we found this amazing restaurant on the 5th floor. I told her to choose anything for me to eat as I didn't mind. The food was unbelievable and I even ate a fish eye. Must say it was pretty decent. We then ordered a whole grilled fish, which was actually delicious. We split 2 desserts between us and got some sake. I was learning how to never pour my own glass ha.

After dinner we headed home and watched some YouTube videos I had talked about over dinner! It was a really nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment